Dear readers, I posted this blog especially for the young artists who are looking for venues to showcase their talent as I, myself, am also a foreign artist looking for prospective venues. I had visited the Esplanade in the hope that I would be able to acquire information which might lead me to be able to use the Esplanade as one such venue.I was not disappointed. I will now share this information with you.
( photo by google)
The Esplanade has many theatres, studios and concert halls. The Esplanade concert hall can seat 1600 people. The concert hall is the pride of the Esplanade and it can host adverse range of musical performances. Its acoustic features include reverberation chambers and an acoustic canopy that enables the hall to adapt to different music styles with world class quality. The Esplanade theatre can seat 2000 people and spans four levels in the style of a traditional European opera houses. Its horseshoe shape offers a more intimate setting between audience and stage. The theatre presents all genres of performing arts from folk dancing to musical performances or even operas. The Esplanade also has two studios which are used for small-scale performances and rehearsals. The Theatre Studio can seat 220 and it is an intimate space for experimental theatre and dance performances. The Recital Studio can seat 245 and it is ideal for chamber music, solo recitals,cabarets and jazz performances.The outdoor theatre faces Marina Bay and it can host a number of performances from jazz to alternative rock,cultural classics to contemporary pop
.
The Esplanade has an area called the Jendela and it is the Esplanade’s main exhibition space for visual arts. It is on the second storey and offers a magnificent view of Marina Bay.
I had a fun and interesting, not to mention, an eye opening experience during my trip to the Esplanade.
It is truly an amazing place and I now know why it is known as one of the best venues for aspiring artists to showcase their talent. I feel that Singapore has a great future as a location for showcasing artistic work as many of its citizens feel very strongly about of aesthetics and a well-balanced life. There is also quite a number of people in Singapore who are passionate about aesthetics, be it music,visual art or even theatre plays.
At the same time it is also a famous land mark and as you can see there are a lot of people here . the people there are mostly foreigners who have come to Singapore . Apparently aesthetics attracts many people all over the world. 
At the same time there are quite a number of exhibitions around the esplanade. Some are temporary while others are permanent . most of them , however , inform us about the history of the esplanade.
We hope you have learned as much from the information I have shared and I hope that itwill be useful to you.
Thank you.
Leader-Karen , Photographer-Alexander , Editors-Kennth and Zon , Computer Whiz-Sheriff
0 comments:
Post a Comment